The Department of International and European Studies of the University of Piraeus invited teachers of primary education and post-graduate students of the Departments of Primary Education or International and European Studies and PhD candidates on the subject of Education or European Integration and implementation of ICT in education to participate in the "Europe at Schools through Art and Simulation" (EuropeStARTS) programme with Scientific Coordinator the Lecturer Foteini Asderaki.
The aims of the EuropeStARTS project are to:
- educate teachers on the issues of European integration
- make the teachers familiar with tutorial techniques and new technologies in order to be able to provide knowledge on currents issues of European integration
- promote pupils’ creativity and organization of activities related to the EU
- create new teaching and educational material and tools for pupils to use, such as simulation exercises and digital educational comics
- give the opportunity to teachers to participate in an active network in order to exchange views and best practices in education within the EU
Participation in EuropeStARTS was free while the participants have covered any costs of travel and accommodation. A certificate of participation of the Project was given to the participants.